KOH -PHANGAN THAILAND IS IN YOUR BUCKET LIST NOW ?

           KOH -PHANGAN THAILAND IS IN YOUR BUCKET LIST NOW ?


Hi, welcome to our blog Travel with us globally, so today I m sharing a beautiful journey in this blog accomplished by my fellow friend in Koh-Phangan Thailand. Let's enroll in the story and what we gonna find over there. 


LANDED AT AIRPORT

It's 4 am I am at Suvarnabhumi International airport, Bangkok, Thailand. There are lots of misconceptions about Thailand among Indians. So let me clear these misconceptions and let me introduce to a 'different' Thailand in this series. After watching it I am sure you will feel this is a budget-friendly family destination or for a couple. In this series, I am going to take you to a new destination which is very beautiful which is not far from our country which is also budget-friendly also a bit offbeat.









WHITE SAND BEACHES

Let me take you to Koh Phangan. This Koh Phangan situated in the South-East of Thailand 5th largest island of Thailand very beautiful how beautiful beaches! mountains! you can do water activities like snorkeling, scuba diving you can go on a hike on a nature trail, and most important thing to do, relax on the beautiful clear beaches I am going to say this many times in this series. If you are coming to Koh Phangan, then don't forget to relax on its beaches they are some of the most beautiful white-sand beaches and not crowded.






FOOD EXPENSE

Let me tell you what could be your average expenditure on this trip! on food, hotel, and local travel. You can have Breakfast in 30 - 50 Bahts, Lunch in 130 Baht, likewise Dinner in 130 Baht don't worry. If you are a vegetarian but yes, lots of options for non-vegetarians so total expenditure on food per day would be around 300 baht almost 650 Indian Rupees.



BASIC NECESSITY

For local traveling on the island the average expenses would be around 200 baht you can get a bed in a hostel in 150 Baht this is the minimum expenditure you can add more money to get more luxury so 150 baht for a hostel so the total comes to 650 Baht. Isn't that cheap! trip expenditure mainly consists of 3 basic elements stay, food, and local traveling.






ACCOMMODATION

So let's talk about accommodation first, You can get hostels in less than 150 Baht in Koh Phangan, Baht is the currency of Thailand 1 Thai Baht is equivalent to 2.25 INR. So you can get a bed in just 150 Baht in a hostel this is for solo travelers or backpackers but if you are looking for a room for your family or a couple a non-air conditioned room would cost you a minimum 300 Baht which would have a double bed, attached toilet bathroom some of these properties are beach-facing step out of your rooms and relax on the sea-facing recliners just relax, sleep, eat, and do whatever you want to get romantic no one is going to bother you in this country, no one is bothered by what you are doing, an air-conditioned room will cost you 500 Baht if you are traveling with kids! stay in a bungalow or villa their rooms will cost around 1800 INR.


I stayed in a boutique hotel the hotel was situated on the beach. I saw an air-conditioned room which had a king-size double bed, a bed for a kid you can also get the additional bed by paying more. I also saw a bigger room in a resort where I stayed that cost around 300 baht so you will stay in hostels, resorts, bungalows, boutique hotels so that you can get an idea of the places to stay on this island you may be a backpacker or traveling with your family you will get a fair idea of the hotels and their tariffs this is all about hotels.




FOOD

Now, let's talk about food on my first day, I had something in a resort's restaurant it was a Thai dish called Pad Thai its basically Fried noodles with vegetables you can add some more things according to your taste even non-vegetarian if you are a vegetarian like me you will learn how to get vegetarian food in these Southeast Asian countries or anywhere in the world you will learn how to get vegetarian food in a restaurant in my upcoming blogs. 

I will share a few tips about it how to get vegetarian food according to your taste in a restaurant without bothering the restaurant people, so One Pad Thai cost me 125 Baht almost 275 INR. It was good for 2 people I had this Pad Thai in a restaurant of a resort if you buy this from a street market it would be much cheaper. On an evening on this trip. I had Banana Waffles for just 20 Baht it was so heavy that I couldn't eat anything after it so that became my dinner. I am just giving you an idea of how much things cost in Koh Phangan.


There are many 7-11 stores. I purchased Veg-Pao it was like vada-pao it was stuffed with vegetables AFAIK, it was around 27 baht. One day I had Mushroom Rice for 30 Baht. There are a few Indian Restaurants. You can go there and relish the Indian cuisines. You won't face the problem of getting Indian food in Koh Phangan. I saw a few Indian restaurants their name was also Indian but many others also served Indian food.


TRANSPORT

Now let me tell you about local transport If you are traveling solo or a couple I would recommend you to rent a bike and then explore the island on your own you can get a discount if you rent it for 2 consecutive days. A bike will cost around 250 Baht almost 500-525 INR. You can also get it for 150 Baht but they may be less powerful or-bit old. I have also recommended a few things a few rental agencies, hotels, agencies for a day tours



Let me tell you about the Russian family whom I met there. They rented Toyota's SUV a 4 wheeled drive car for just 800 Baht You can get a discount if you take the car for more days the same goes for the bikes.


BEACHES

Now let's talk about things to do don't forget to relax Koh Phangan is an ideal destination to relax on the beaches are very clean and beautiful especially those located on the Northern side of the island. I did a Day-tour, cost me 500 baht some Day tours can also cost you 1200 baht which may include breakfast and lunch and even a few extra activities with a more trained guide.


THONG MARINE NATIONAL PARK

I also visited the Ang Thong Marine National park. I would highly recommend it. Although it is a bit expensive. But if you are visiting Koh Phangan, then it is a must-do activity. That trip cost around 2100 Baht, That includes Snorkelling, Lunch, Breakfast even nature trails and canoeing was included in that price it was a good day Indians were the first ones to reach on this Island. I am happy to be here so natural!


HOW TO REACH HERE AND COSTING

I am going to spend my day with them I will come back after 30 minutes This is the second point covered 200 meters in 7 minutes i am tired, but the view is just amazing so now let's talk about the expenses from India to reach here. From many places in India, there are budget flights for Thailand and Malaysia these cities have direct flights to Bangkok low-cost airlines like Air Asia offer cheap fares. During a Sale, you can get a return ticket for as low as 3000-4000 INR. So let's take your to and fro flight expense as 5000 INR. Then how to reach Koh Phangan from Bangkok I went via Surat Thani basically, Koh Phangan is located in Surat Thani Province like Pune and Aurangabad are located in Maharashtra state likewise, Surat Thani is the province. I paid 700 Baht for Nok Air flight from Bangkok to Surat Thani. Then I paid 500 Baht to reach Koh Phangan by bus and ferry.





CONCLUSION

Now let's do the final total how much a trip to Koh Phangan will cost for a person from India which includes all your expenses like hotel, food, transportation, etc. this is a very basic estimate. So my calculation says that you can make it possible for as low as 15,700 INR. Here are the details of my calculation 6000 INR for India-Bangkok-India flight 2900 INR for Bangkok - Surat Thani - Bangkok flight 2200 INR for Surat Thani - Koh Phangan - Surat Thani 600 INR for a local sim I purchased a local sim for 299 Baht then take a very basic expense of around 4000 INR on the island this basic cost can further be reduced by actually, a major element of my estimate was Bangkok - Surat Thani travel expense if you travel by train in a 3rd class you can further save some money but you can always add more money to this rough estimate for more comfort and luxury. Welcome to Koh Phangan. This is all guys, I shared some experience with you guys, Thank you for reading this article on travel with us globally, means a lot. C you soon. Be safe.







Comments